Mostly known for its use in the kitchen baking soda can be used in other ways from health and beauty to cleaning. It should be among the ingredients on your kitchen shelf that you need to keep replenishing to ensure your cleaning sessions are stress-free. Click here for more information
Here are 31 Ways to Clean with Baking Soda that you need to know ta avoid wasting time and money on expensive detergent that do not work:
Health and Beauty
- Baking soda can be used as a teeth whitener when mixed with lemon or water into a paste and use your toothbrush or finger to clean your teeth.
- Baking soda perfectly cleans silverware-use it in your cleaning water.
- Use baking soda to clean the kid’s toys by adding a few tablespoons to water and soak in the toys before washing and rinsing.
- Clean iron boxes by using baking soda and vinegar to remove residue and dirt.
- Use baking soda to clean dirty toothbrushes.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your patio furniture to avoid growth of mildew and mold
- Unclog sinks by using baking soda and vinegar mixed with hot water.
- Keep floors bright by using baking soda in your mopping water.
- Maintain the gloss on stainless steel surfaces by applying a portion of baking soda paste and using a soft cloth to clean it.
- To increase the effectiveness of your usual bleach on clothes while washing, add a cup of baking soda to the bleach before starting to wash.
- Use a paper towel and baking soda to clean your kitchen appliances.
- Clean your rugs using baking soda to leave them smelling fresh and clean.
- Removing grease spills and scuff marks using baking soda is easy by sprinkling on the spot and wiping using a wet piece of cloth.
- Bathroom cleaning can be done well by adding a half cup of baking soda, a tablespoon of liquid detergent and vinegar for an instant sparkle.
- Baking soda efficiently cleans your toilet bowl, seat and tank faster than most toilet cleaners do.
- Surface stains can be removed by using a paste of baking soda and applying on the stained area then wiping off after a few minutes.
- Grills can be difficult to clean. Use a paste of baking soda with water to get it sparkling and gently scrub it.
- Scrub your oven to remove food spills and baked good stains to leave it squeaky clean.
- Remove mildew and other growths from kiddie pools using baking soda to allow them to remain clean.
- Clean your hairbrushes off dandruff, stuck hair oils and pomade by soaking them in a mixture of baking soda and water before cleaning.
- Use baking soda to clean countertops and gunks.
- Adding a cup of baking soda to your laundry cleaning water makes your clothes cleaner and brighter
- Remove odor from hampers by using a pinch of baking soda.
- Do away with pungent fridge smells by using baking soda in a small bowl and leave it in the fridge. This works for your cupboards and freezer too.
- To remove stale smoke odor from your room in case you live with a smoker, sprinkle some baking soda on the ashtray for a fresh smelling room.
- Sprinkle baking soda in the garbage bins to remove bad odor
- Clean your pets with water and baking soda to remove bad pet smell on the fur especially after being rained on or playing in the water.
- Baking soda is a good agent t use in deodorizing the drains and sinks after removing food residue by pouring boiling water through.
- Food containers sometimes carry the leftover odor that is awful. Soak them in water with baking powder to leave them smelling fresh.
- Get rid of cat litter box odors by sprinkling baking soda at the bottom after emptying it. Before putting back your kitty litter.
- Pre-treat clothes diapers with tablespoons of baking soda to do away with odor when washing them.